Thursday, August 28, 2008

Arrival



We’re Back! So, I’ve landed in Japan and settled into my new dorm room (which is more of a tiny hotel room, pictures to follow) without too many hitches in the road. The flight took 12 ½ hours and I slept for 4, watched movies for 5, and read ‘the Game’ for the remainder so things went pretty quickly. Unfortunately, when I landed at the airport they gave me a little trouble; it turns out that when I went last time over New Years they forgot to give me a departure stamp so I had to wait a few minutes for them to sort things out.

Next, as I was waiting for the train to Tokyo-proper, I was subjected to two ‘random’ passport checks within about 3 minutes of each other (guess I’m not doing the best job of blending in…). I spent my first day in Shinagawa – a southern metro center of Tokyo, and also the same place I stayed last time – and all I did was walk around the surrounding area for a few minutes and grab dinner at a familiar place. They’re giving us a tour of Akasaka, which is where I’ll be living for the semester, along with orientation for classes and the program.

Sorry for the dull post, this was just one to let everyone know I made it over and moved in. I have some good material for future posts….. Stay tuned!



**That's my plane, I was seated in the upper deck!**

3 comments:

David John said...

I bet you negged the bejesus out of one of those stewardesses. "Hey, I think your feet are almost as big as mine!"

Where's a line on Dream 6??? The readers at WSN are frothing at the mouth for updates. Better see a word in the next entry.

Blair said...

ditto to dave about the lack of a dream 6 mention.

glad you got there safely. i guess the party's over there!

Tiffany said...

Hope your brought your Postalco notebook with you!